NEW CONNECT GROUP LEADER?
Interested in leading?
From Pastor Joel & Sarah
We are so glad that you are considering leading a Connect Group! We believe all believers can and should reach out to the people around them with the love of Jesus. You have gifts and a calling from God that can be used for His glory. You have something to offer somebody. "This is why I remind you to keep using the gift God gave you
when I laid my hands on you. Now let it grow, as a small
flame grows into a fire. God did not give us a spirit that
makes us afraid but a spirit of power and love and
2 Timothy 1:6–7, NCV
The vision of Church at Hampton Roads Connect Groups is to see each person partnering together to fulfill the great commission (Mark 16:15).
The purpose of CHR Connect Groups is to create safe environments where people can engage in a lifestyle of spiritual growth and authentic relationships. Spiritual growth happens best when people learn to be intimate with God and connected to each other. Authentic relationships are achieved when people are accountable to each other, are genuinely cared for, and feel a true sense of belonging.
Because relationships are vital ingredients to your leadership success, we are here for anything you need. We care about you and the success of your group and are here to cheer you on. We want to help you through the leadership process. We will be available to you at all times.
(CONNECT GROUP LEADERSHIP PATHWAY)
Connect Group leaders have:
- They are believers in Jesus Christ and have been water baptized.
- Joined CHR (Welcome to Church Night).
- CHR Serve Team members of at least six months.
- Have attended a previous CHR Connect Group
- Are trusting God in their tithe regularly.
- They desire to refrain from the use of alcohol in order to be clear minded and guard their influence.
- They are present on Sundays on a regular basis in order to connect with the community they lead.
- They want to help people grow spiritually and develop meaningful relationships.
1. Connect Group Leader Application CLICK HERE We will be in contact with you. If you are leading a group as a husband-and-wife team, please only submit one application for both of you.
2. Attending a Connect Group Leadership Training is a required one-day training that focuses on three main areas to prepare you for your role as a Connect Group Pastor: (1) mission and purpose, (2) leadership essentials, and (3) pastoral support system. Next training date TBD.